Although one of the smallest islands of the Cyclades complex, Mykonos is definitely the most famous, thanks to its treasure of natural beauty, rich history, cosmopolitan character combined with a wild nightlife, as well as plenty of local color. A dry, arid island, it is covering an area of barely 90 square kilometers and it is situated in the middle of the Aegean, about 94 nautical miles from Piraeus port.
The island’s landscape is a symphony of blazing bare rock, blinding white peasant architecture and, in contrast to its small size, numerous lacy stretches of the most beautiful sandy beaches, all these accentuated by the wonderful Mediterranean light and set against the deep blue background of the Aegean.
Attracting people from A-listers and millionaires to backpackers and ravers, it is still at the height of its popularity, and the amazing thing is that, despite its rapid development and numerous, as well as drastic changes, it has managed to preserve its color and character intact.
TRAVEL TO MYKONOS
By ferry boat or hydrofoil from Piraeus Port or Rafina Port
- Piraeus Port Tel. +30 210 422-6000 to 04
- Rafina Port Tel. +30 22940 22300 and +30 22940 22487
- Hellenic Seaways Piraeus Tel. +30 210 419-9000
- Blue Star Ferries Rafina Tel. +30 210 891-9800
By airplane from Athens International Airport “Eleftherios Venizelos”
- Athens Airport “Eleftherios Venizelos” Tel. +30 210 353-0000
- Olympic Air Athens: Tel. +30 210 355-0500 or 801-801-0101
- Aegean Airlines Tel. +30 626-1000 or 801-11-20000
- Mykonos Airport: Tel. +30 22890 79000
- Olympic Air Mykonos: Tel. +30 22890 22490
- Olympic Air Mykonos Airport: Tel. +30 22890 22327
- Aegean Airlines Mykonos Airport: Tel. +30 22890 28720
- Mykonos Port: Tel. +30 22890 22218
- Hellas Seaways Mykonos: Tel. +30 22890 22322
- Blue Star Ferries Mykonos: Tel. +30 22890 28240
From Mykonos, you can also visit the other Cycladic Islands, the Dodecanese Islands and Crete by ferryboat or hydrofoil.